A project financed by Interreg Aurora
Visual Magic Education AB is now, together with Novia University of Applied Science, a proud part of the two-year Interreg Aurora project Borderless Game Academy. This will help us form a tighter bound between the Finnish and Swedish education systems and provide better courses and an extended work network for our students.
The game development industry is blossoming at an exhilarating pace, particularly in the Interreg Aurora programme area, offering opportunities for job-seekers. Recognizing the rising demand for top-notch game related education to sustain this progress, Novia UAS and Visual Magic Education are pioneering a transformative venture. This collaboration aims to bridge the educational gap by introducing an innovative cross-border higher education curriculum, synergizing Swedish and Finnish expertise in both game development and creative industry entrepreneurship.
Our vision is to champion an inspiring educational environment within the programme area, eliminating the need for students to seek higher education elsewhere. This initiative is geared not only towards refining the skills of the students but also towards enriching the local community by retaining talent and avoiding brain drain in the northern parts of Finland and Sweden.
The project unfolds through four pivotal phases:
- Designing a cohesive transnational curriculum.
- Fostering robust cross-border alliances among educational entities.
- Encouraging collaborative efforts between game dev students across borders.
- Instilling a sustainable mindset within both game dev education organisations and the student body.
The outcomes are envisioned to be a harmonised cross-border games education template, a thriving network for students and educators across borders, and a blueprint for subsequent cross-border educational endeavours.
By facilitating these connections and sharing knowledge, our ultimate ambition is to amplify the number of individuals with higher education within the area and be a catalyst for the sustainable ascendancy of the game development sector.
Key Focus Areas:
- Education, Culture, and Sustainable Tourism
- Promoting a more cohesive and inclusive Europe in alignment with the European Pillar of Social Rights
- Prioritising Education and Lifelong Learning
- Enhancing labour market compatibility and fluidity.
Tobias Björkskog, email@example.com
Johan Linder, firstname.lastname@example.org